Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change XLS-File Format via VB .NET

Hi,
I am new to programming Excel. The task seems to be quite simple:
I get an Excel-File in a wrong format (Format 2.1) that is not
readable for VB .NET until I open it in Excel and save it as an Excel
2000 file.

Via VB .NET automation it is no problem for me to open the file in
Excel 2000, change some data and save it again. The problem is that
the file format is still Excel 2.1. How can I save the file as an
Excel 2000-File...

I would be grateful for any hints...

Ulrich Szagun
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the format you want is xlWorkbookNormal.

And xlExcel9795 workbook includes both xl95 format and xl97 format. It's
double the normal size.

On 08 Apr 2005 11:12:00 GMT, CoRrRan Have a look at this code:

Code:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:= _
    "C:\Temp\Book2.xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel9795

I couldn't find an specific option for saving the file to the current
platform version (your case Excel 2000), but I think that xlExcel9795
should work for your purposes. (As my version (Excel 2003) shows that this
FileFormat will provide a format readable to Excel 97 to 2003.)

HTH,
CoRrRan