Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hard question - creating a database

I'm having trouble creating a simple-to-use/looking database that contains
the following information:
Date
Event
Names of people who attended (there are about 350 people in the "club" [it's
an event organization for the mentally ill], it gets annoying to type each
name individually)
Addresses of attendees (also annoying to re-type per worksheet in each book
Number of people who attended each event (there are multiple within a month)
An unduplicated number of people who attended events that month
The number of people with devolpmental disabilities
Individual payees and how they paid (cash, check... ect.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

"kerchooie" wrote in message
I'm having trouble creating a simple-to-use/looking database that contains
the following information:
Date
Event
Names of people who attended (there are about 350 people in the "club"
[it's
an event organization for the mentally ill], it gets annoying to type each
name individually)
Addresses of attendees (also annoying to re-type per worksheet in each
book
Number of people who attended each event (there are multiple within a
month)
An unduplicated number of people who attended events that month
The number of people with devolpmental disabilities
Individual payees and how they paid (cash, check... ect.)

Hi

It is hard question really because firslty you dont specify your
difficulties which I imagine are legion, so Im sorry for you.

NO one here will deliver a complete application for less than fee which
ofcourse is totally fair

Your best option I think,without knowing full details of your curerent VBA
capability is to recommend a crash course on
Excell VBA.

You can then develop your own application :))))))))))

I was in a similar state of confusion about a year ago to the one I
suspect you are in now.

When I first started out trying to develop an aplpication in Excel and this
book helped me greatly;

Excel programming "WEEKEND CRASH COURSE" by Peter G Aitken ISBN;
0-7645-4062-9

MY copy is rather frayed now and infact Ive spent many weekends reading it
( :) ) but I got what I wanted on the first pass through
with aout 100 yellow stickers and notes on various pages.

Good luck and when you have specific questions dont fail to ask for help
this the group to come to

Best N10