Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macros execution problem

HI,
all

I am trying to insert columns using macros.

Sheet1.select
Columns(G:G).select
Activecell.Insert
I am trying to insert few more columns. This is done at workbook_open time.
Inserting of columns is happening in the sheet after some data is already
loaded.

But each time I am opening the workbook .It again inserts the new row.

Is there a way I can stop this after it has been executed once and filled
with data then when the person reopens the sheet it should directly open the
sheet without asking for enable macros or disable macros.
The above sheet is downloaded from the server via webpage and then saved
into individuals computer.After that they need to reopen the sheet to see the
data. That's why it's causing problem.
Any small help in this regard would be highly appreciated. I am in real need
for my project.
--
Kittie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Display of the macro message is dependent on the security settings of the
user. The alternative is to certify your code and have the user accept you
as a trusted source.

It would be extremely difficult to design a procedure that would run on
opening that sometimes would add a column and sometimes not ad a column
based on the why the user is opening the file. You could possibly put up an
input box and ask the user if they need a new column added or not.

Tom Ogilvy