Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modules and add-ins

I have a large number of functions and subs stored in a module. I would
like to have this code available to all of my Excel apps without having
to import the module each time I create a new workbook.

Do I (somehow) make my module an add-in? If so, how? If not, what
should I do?

Any help is appreciated.

Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro (SP2)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An addin is the best way to go. In the VBE, Click on This Workbook and
change the IsAddin property to True then save the workbook as <whatever.xla

You can now use that wb as an addin!

--

+--Thief_

"SmilingPolitely" wrote in message
I have a large number of functions and subs stored in a module. I would
like to have this code available to all of my Excel apps without having
to import the module each time I create a new workbook.

Do I (somehow) make my module an add-in? If so, how? If not, what
should I do?

Any help is appreciated.

Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro (SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

first:
it helps to give your VBAProject
(in the book containing your code)
a usefull name...
in the properties change the name to
vbaSMILE (or something ;)

Then select a workbook where you need the code..
goto Tools/Reference and put a checkmark next to:
vbaSmile

you'll see that in the ProjectExplorer a line is added:
Reference to SmilingCode.xls

Then you can access the procedures in that project..
Intellisense will help you..

Sub Test()
msgbox vbaSMILE.myfunction(1)

'or type
'vbaSmile.
'and intellisense should popup the public procedures in the project

end sub

Making it an xla or an xls doesn't matter for the above,
but if it is an .xla (and the IsAddin property = True)
the Macro dialog will NOT show your procedures.

--
keepITcool

SmilingPolitely wrote :

I have a large number of functions and subs stored in a module. I
would like to have this code available to all of my Excel apps
without having to import the module each time I create a new workbook.

Do I (somehow) make my module an add-in? If so, how? If not, what
should I do?

Any help is appreciated.

Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro (SP2)

Help with modules. Cloudy New Users to Excel 1 June 17th 08 10:10 AM
When to code in sheet or userform modules and when to use modules Tony James Excel Programming 1 December 16th 04 10:02 PM
Modules Rich Excel Programming 0 November 4th 04 03:46 AM
modules that run modules jim Excel Programming 2 May 5th 04 08:10 PM
Class Modules vs Modules Jeff Marshall Excel Programming 2 September 28th 03 07:57 PM