Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default navigation keys are turning off

In Excel2000, I have the following (see below) macro to add apostrophes
to a selected range. After running the macro, my arrow (navigation)
keys stop working. If I then go to another file they stert up again. I
DO NOT have any Transistion keys enabled. Any ideas on how I can fix
this?

Thanks

Sub add_appostraphe()
Dim myinput

On Error GoTo finit

Set myinput = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range that needs
an apostrophe", Type:=8)

For Each cll In myinput
n = cll.Value
cll.Value = "'" & n

Next

finit:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This sounds like a focus issue, but I don't reproduce this problem when
running this macro on my own machine. How do you invoke the macro - via a
keyboard shortcut, via tools / macros, or some other way?

A possible workaround would be to call Select on the range that you update,
which would in theory give focus back to the worksheet and solve this
problem. I can't verify that right now, though, sorry.

- Andy Tischaefer
Test Lead, Microsoft Office

This posting is provided as is, and confers on rights.

"snax500" wrote in message
oups.com...
In Excel2000, I have the following (see below) macro to add apostrophes
to a selected range. After running the macro, my arrow (navigation)
keys stop working. If I then go to another file they stert up again. I
DO NOT have any Transistion keys enabled. Any ideas on how I can fix
this?

Thanks

Sub add_appostraphe()
Dim myinput

On Error GoTo finit

Set myinput = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range that needs
an apostrophe", Type:=8)

For Each cll In myinput
n = cll.Value
cll.Value = "'" & n

Next

finit:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am activating it by a macro button on the sheet. I tried selecting a
range in the code but I still can't get the navigaion keys to work.

Thanks again.

Andy Tischaefer [MSFT] wrote:
This sounds like a focus issue, but I don't reproduce this problem

when
running this macro on my own machine. How do you invoke the macro -

via a
keyboard shortcut, via tools / macros, or some other way?

A possible workaround would be to call Select on the range that you

update,
which would in theory give focus back to the worksheet and solve this

problem. I can't verify that right now, though, sorry.

- Andy Tischaefer
Test Lead, Microsoft Office

This posting is provided as is, and confers on rights.

oups.com...