Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PivotTable DropBox's - Reset to New Value / Set Default Val

I am currently working with a PivotTable we have build from a SQL backend.
I have a real time data section and a historical data section (historical
is sorted based on Date). Whenever the user looks at historical data and
then saves the file, upon opening it the date last used in the drop down
box for historical data is the one selected during the save. I would like
to have that field reset to the newest historical date available, most
likely when the excel file is first opened. Anyone have any suggestions,
trying to solve this is driving me nuts. My first idea was to open up a
second connection to the SQL database with VB grab the MAX value of the
date field and then use that to compare with the current PivotTable, but i
have to assume there is an easier way. Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Mark