Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is it possible to add a 650 character footer in Excel?

I am trying to add a 600-700 character disclaimer to a document. The only way
I can think to make is appear on every page is to add it to a footer but the
max is 250 characters. Are there any solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're using Excel 2002, or later version, you could create a graphic
with the text, and insert the graphic in the footer.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can make a picture of it using a PDF Writer. If you do not have one you
can get a free one at

www.pdf995.com

The PDF writer is handy for a pile of other things as well...

Or you can open Microsoft Paint and make a picture that way... What ever
floats your boat...

HTH

"evecorin" wrote:

how do I create a graphic?

evecorin wrote:
I am trying to add a 600-700 character disclaimer to a document. The only way
I can think to make is appear on every page is to add it to a footer but the
max is 250 characters. Are there any solutions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you! I made the image with paint and print screen per your suggestion.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can make a picture of it using a PDF Writer. If you do not have one you
can get a free one at

www.pdf995.com

The PDF writer is handy for a pile of other things as well...

Or you can open Microsoft Paint and make a picture that way... What ever
floats your boat...

HTH

"evecorin" wrote:

how do I create a graphic?

evecorin wrote:
I am trying to add a 600-700 character disclaimer to a document. The only way
I can think to make is appear on every page is to add it to a footer but the
max is 250 characters. Are there any solutions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure how you created that picture, but you could type your long footer
into a few cells in excel.

Then select that range.
Shift-Edit
Copy picture

Paste into paint (or any other picture editor) and save from there.

(Sometimes excel's fonts are prettiers that Paint.)

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can make a picture of it using a PDF Writer. If you do not have one you
can get a free one at

www.pdf995.com

The PDF writer is handy for a pile of other things as well...

Or you can open Microsoft Paint and make a picture that way... What ever
floats your boat...

HTH

"evecorin" wrote:

how do I create a graphic?