Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Controlling the Footer of Word Document from Excel

Hi experts,
I wonder is it possible to create a Word file using Excel VBA such that the
footer of Word document contains the page no. (insert Auto Text) on every
page.

Appreciate if you could help me out on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Steve C.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

The simplest way would be to insert a PAGE field in the Word document's
footer. The PAGE field only needs to be inserted once for the whole
document, and will automatically display the number of each page added. It
also updates automatically for pages inserted/deleted.

Cheers

"Steve C." wrote in message
Hi experts,
I wonder is it possible to create a Word file using Excel VBA such that

the
footer of Word document contains the page no. (insert Auto Text) on every
page.

Appreciate if you could help me out on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Steve C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Macropod,
Thanks for your advice. However, the Word document will be generated from
time to time via Excel when the need arises. This is not a one time exercise
and that's why I prefer to accomplish the auto insert a PAGE field internally
via VBA.

Will appreciate if you could provide your expertise advice further.
Thanks & Regards,
Steve C.