Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional macro

I want to set up a conditional macro ,, need help, I used to do these in
Lotus just fine but the times they R a changing...

I have a simple list where I calculate one weeks bills and expense against
the total cash income for the week. so ,,,

phone 110.0 y $$$ available 1000.0
travel 70.0 y subtotal 170.0
food 100.0 n
misc 50.0 n BALANCE 830.0

the y/n col is where I check for a condition true or false,,, if and when
the y is a true condition the anount to the left is added to the subtotal.
This is done until the condition meets a blank col and the loop stops
All n conditions are not added because the amount has not yet been paid out
or may even change before the condition becomes true.

I want to always start by setting subtotal to zero, run from the top of the
conditional col, adding up all y conditions to sutotal, ignore any n
conditions, and quit upon a blank field in the conditional col.....

Please someone help me accomplish this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for subtotal put the formula

=Sumif(C1:C20,"y",B1:B20)

for BALANCE put in

=Available - subtotal replacing the names with the appropriate references.

Change the 20 to include the last cell you might use.

If you want help with code, you need to specify your starting locations and
the location of your outputs. Even in lotus, you need to know how far to
the right to go an so forth.

Tom Ogilvy

"eofeapr" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom;

That's a great help got one more question for you,,, How is this macro
envoked?? Is there a key I need to assign or something??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

its not a macro, it is a formula. You enter it in the cell where you want
to see the results.

Tom Ogilvy