Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to either write the macro or manipulate the function

I am trying to get values entered into a calculation I have set-up using
minute() and hour(). These functions allow only (as far as I can tell) a
value to be typed in and then used in the function. I want to have function
ready to recieve a value typed in from a cell. The user will type in value
and the calculation will use this value for answer.
Ex. of calculation:
=MINUTE("11:00")-MINUTE("13:36")*(-1)+((HOUR("11:00")-HOUR("13:36"))*(-1))*60
WE have a specific need for this. If the above isn't possible then how can
use a macro to get a value form a cell them plug it into this calculation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope this makes sense. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If 11:00 is entered in A1
and 13:36 is entered in B1

(enter these directly in the cell - don't include double quotes)

=MINUTE(A1)-MINUTE(B1)*(-1)+((HOUR(A1)-HOUR(B1))*(-1))*60

should return an equal answer. (it gives me 156)

Tom Ogilvy