Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Row and Column from Used Range property??

I've written some VB 6.0 code that opens an Excel document (Office 2003) and
then gets the data from the used cells and then sends that data to be
processed.

The problem I am having is that I am using the UsedRange.FormulaR1C1
property to get the cell info. I really need to map that data back to it's
true Row and Column but cannot find a way to do it. So I need the data in
the cell, row and column. I can't see anyway how to get at it. :-) I've
set a watch and expanded the tree to look at my document and just cannot see
an easy way to do this.

Is there anyway to get the data in the cells without having to loop through
the cells collection?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The loop I am using to get at the used cells seems to record the correct row
and column if cell A1 is the first cell in the used range. :-(
If cell C3 is the first cell in the range, it will say it is A1. Damn!
More digging for answers......

David