Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TextBox6.Text = Application.??????????(TextBox6.Text)

I need to properly display the state code in upper case.
Any suggestions?
--
Jim at Eagle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

with textbox6
.text = ucase(.text)
end with

VBA doesn't have a Proper function, so lots of people use:
application.proper(). But lcase() and ucase() both exist.

And you may want to look at strconv(), too.

It's another way to do string conversions.

Jim at Eagle wrote:

I need to properly display the state code in upper case.
Any suggestions?
--
Jim at Eagle

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

s'thing like following?

Private Sub TextBox1_BeforeUpdate(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
With TextBox1
If .Text < Trim(UCase$(.Text)) Then .Text = Trim(UCase$(.Text))
End With
End Sub

ucase, left right etc are function of the VBA object.

note that they come in 2 flavors... ucase and ucase$

the functions with a $ at the end always return a string variable
without the $ they return a variant. It you assign the result to a
string use the $ flavor, as it's faster to work with strings than
variants.

--
keepITcool