Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel problem with trailing spaces

According to ANSI92 string comparison, 'abc'='abc '. I have an Excel pivot
table which calls a MS SQL stored procedure. In the results, a column field
containing 'abc' and 'abc ' reveals 'abc'<'abc ', and totals data in two
separate columns. If I call the same procedure and produce a data table, the
automatic data filter reflects 'abc'='abc ' and returns all rows. Query
results in Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer also show 'abc'='abc ' in
grouping statements. This pivot table (mis)behaviour has only started
recently, and I see no user interface to affect a change, nor can I pinpoint
what caused the change.
Thanks in advance
FStumpp