Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inventory added sub needed

Basically this is what I want:

Sheets(1).Range("C4:C40").Value = Sheets(1).Range("H4:H40").Value * Sheets
(2).Range("A7:A43").Value

Obviously that line alone won't work, so I need maybe a 'For each...' loop
to accomplish it.

Should be easy for someone who knows how -- not me.
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips wrote

I am sure that you know what you are referring to, but do you want to
let us in on it?

Sorry, thought my makeshift supplied line and 'Subject' was self
explanatory. Ok, here goes.

I have an Inventory sheet.
Sheet 1 ("Inventory") manages the inventory
Sheet 2 ("Order Sheet") manages the ordering
Sheet 2, range A7:A43 contains number of cases of each item ordered
Sheet 1, range H4:H40 contains units per case of each item ordered
Sheet 1, range C4:C40 is where I currently have to manually type in the
number of units received of each item ordered when an order comes in
I want to avoid that time consuming tedium

Assuming I receive what I ordered:
I want a routine that multiplies units per case of each item ordered times
cases of each item ordered and puts the result in corresponding cell in
Sheet 1, C4:C40.

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this help

With Sheets(1)
For i = 4 To 40
.Range("C" & i).Value = .Range("H" & i).Value *
Sheets(2).Range("A" & i + 3).Value
Next i
End With

--

HTH

RP

"David" wrote in message
Bob Phillips wrote

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips wrote

With Sheets(1)
For i = 4 To 40
.Range("C" & i).Value = .Range("H" & i).Value *
Sheets(2).Range("A" & i + 3).Value
Next i
End With

Perfect. I knew it had to be simpler than I was envisioning.
Many thanks.

--
David