Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formulas for creating a muti-unit 12 mo. bugdet using a 1 store mo

I have a 1 store 36 month model. Now I want to be able to create a 36 month
muti-unit budget where I plug in X number of store openings per month and
scenario play to determine cashflow so I can see how many I can open in
certain months. For Example: Month 1 would equal the 1 store model if I
opened 1 store and if I opened 2 stores it would equal times 2. However, in
month 2, stores opened in month 1 would be in there second month and then 4
openings in the current month. Then the third month I would open 3 stores, 4
would be in the second month and 2 in the third month of operations. I have
created a model but my formula is too long and will not let me proceed.
There must be a way to use macros or functions to easily do this. Your help
is greatly appreciated and if you need more details I will gladly provide for
that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Is this what you mean?

1 Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Month 4 Month 5
Month 6
2 Opened This Month 1 2 2 1 2 3
3 Cumulative Opened 1 3 5 6 8 11

If Month1 is in columm B then Cumulative Opened is "= Sum($B:$2:B2)". Drag
this across row 3 to get the monthly cumulatives.

HTH