Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

Trying to use conditional sum for a range of dates. this used to work in
Excel 95 doesn't seem to work here.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

More information------------

If the selected cells do fall within a date range, corresponding cells, need
to be summed. I am using this to sum items that are shipped in a given month.

"jim kozak" wrote:

Trying to use conditional sum for a range of dates. this used to work in
Excel 95 doesn't seem to work here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried

=SUMPRODUCT(--(rng=--"2005-03-01"),--(rng<=--"2005-03-31"))

which counts all items in March

--

HTH

RP

"jim kozak" wrote:

Trying to use conditional sum for a range of dates. this used to work

in
Excel 95 doesn't seem to work here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I wanted to sum a specific month here is how I might go about it

=SUM(IF(MONTH(A2:A60)=1, B2:B60))

When you enter this it is an array formula so you need to hit Shift + Ctrl
+ Enter, instead of just enter. You will know if it is an array formula
because it will end up with curly braces around it{}.

Or better yet create a pivot table and group on the dates field to aggregate
by months. That is actually a heck of a lot easier if you want to aggregate
based on years, months, quarters... and / or by customer, region, store...
Let me know if you want help giving that a try. It is really easy...

HTH

"jim kozak" wrote:

Trying to use conditional sum for a range of dates. this used to work in
Excel 95 doesn't seem to work here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sounds interesting. right now i was able to get around the problem by
actualling entering the upper and lower limits in the column 4/1/2005 and
4/30/2005, then using conditional sum, then deleting the limits. It worked
but i never should have had to enter the limits.

What I have is a series of quotes in an excell spreadsheet, ordered by date.
When these quotes are approved, I add the date in the next column, and when
they are shipped, I add that date. All I am trying to do is add the shipped
numbers. I know that I could sort based on shipping date but I like keeping
them in quote order.