Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SQL.REQUEST Returns Single Cell

I enter a sql.request function in a worksheet cell, and it returns only the
first column of the first matching row of the database. How can I modify the
syntax to return all columns in all matching rows?

Thanks for the assistance. Glenn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks James. So the sequence would be to enter the formula in a cell, but
instead of hitting enter, I should hit ctrl+shift+enter? I tried that, and
it didn't change the result. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks, Glenn

"Glenn1203" wrote:

I enter a sql.request function in a worksheet cell, and it returns only the
first column of the first matching row of the database. How can I modify the
syntax to return all columns in all matching rows?

Thanks for the assistance. Glenn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have to select as many cells (rows and columns) as you expect it to
return data if you are going to try ctrl+Shift+enter. You select the cells,
go to the formula bar and enter the formula, commit with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Tom Ogilvy