Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I get a negative time in Excel?

I have trying to do a rota time sheet in Excel. At the bottom of the sheet it
totals up the number of hours for each person, but when I calculate this
against a budget hours figure it won't give me a negative for short hours.
Can anyone help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel can compute with negative times, but normally can't display
them. The work around is to use the 1904-based date system. Go
to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Calculation tab.
There, check "1904 date system". Note, however, that this will
cause your existing dates to "shift" by 4 years, leading the
seemingly incorrect data.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson