Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline

Default Please Help if You Can

Hopefully this is not out of the realm of this group. My application is
written for Excel (VBA), Win/Excel 97 and newer. Several customers reported
that the window does not maximize when opening my application (Open
procedure includes Window.State=Maximized). However, on their machines we
discovered that they had previously downloaded another application for
Excel, and once removed, my application behaved as it should. Does anyone
know why those other applications interfered with my procedures? What they
might have done to Excel to cause the problem? Is it a shared file or
registry issue? If so, is there a fix short of uninstalling those programs?
Please suggest if you know. Thank you in advance.

Jim Kobzeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

They probably have code that does

Windows.State=xlNormal

You assume it is maximized, they assume it isn't.

Tom Ogilvy

"JK" wrote in message news:v4Y0e.52225$hA3.41751@trnddc09...
Hopefully this is not out of the realm of this group. My application is
written for Excel (VBA), Win/Excel 97 and newer. Several customers

reported
that the window does not maximize when opening my application (Open
procedure includes Window.State=Maximized). However, on their machines we
discovered that they had previously downloaded another application for
Excel, and once removed, my application behaved as it should. Does anyone
know why those other applications interfered with my procedures? What they
might have done to Excel to cause the problem? Is it a shared file or
registry issue? If so, is there a fix short of uninstalling those

programs?
Please suggest if you know. Thank you in advance.

Jim Kobzeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline

Thank you, Tom. However, these other programs have nothing to do with my
program. It just seems that as long as they reside on the computer, my
procedure to maximize windows doesn't function. What can I do to fix or
prevent. Thank you.

Jim Kobzeff

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You said they downloaded another application for excel. So I would assume
it is an addin and is loaded on the machine when excel opens. In that case,
they could very well be causing the problem. If they are sitting dormant
on the hard drive, then I can't say.

Tom Ogilvy