Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copying pasting

i am trying to get stats for my basketball team by game

i am having a hard time copying and pasting the names into the
worksheets

also how do would i get the worksheets to go into on worksheet for a
compilation of the season stats

coach

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike

will need more details - what do you mean when you say that you're having a
"hard time copying and pasting the names into the worksheets" ...

also on the combining topic (multiple worksheets into 1) - there are a
couple of methods you could investigate depending on how many worksheets you
have - one option is the data / consolidation menu option or multiple
consolidation ranges in pivot tables (check out
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html)
both these methods assume that your worksheets are all basically structured
the same way. If you'ld like more assistance on this, please post back with
a description of how you're worksheets are laid out. (however, please do not
attach a workbook).

Cheers
JulieD

"Coach Mike Wyatt" wrote in message
i am trying to get stats for my basketball team by game

i am having a hard time copying and pasting the names into the
worksheets

also how do would i get the worksheets to go into on worksheet for a
compilation of the season stats

coach

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are copying and pasting, then that would imply that your source for
the stats is something like another excel sheet or a web page or something.

If it is a web page and the stats are in a table, then you might look into
web queries.

Otherwise, you would have to be less vague about your problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"Coach Mike Wyatt" wrote in message
i am trying to get stats for my basketball team by game

i am having a hard time copying and pasting the names into the
worksheets

also how do would i get the worksheets to go into on worksheet for a
compilation of the season stats

coach

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i am trying to go back and put stats from 7 previous teams on my
computer

what i am going to do is have a sheet that will have season totals and
then one sheet for each game

i will have a header season totals or carter vs farragut at the top

then i will have a column (going right to left that says players,
2pointers, 3 pointers, free throws attempted, free throws made, points
and averages.

then i will have under players a list of the players from my team.
at the bottom under the last player i will will have a column for team
total.

please email me at and carbon copy it to me at

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming you have set up and populated the sheets on your computer and named
each sheet with a name like Game1, Game2, etc. and the layout is identiical
on each sheet

And the sheets are next to each other sequentially, in another sheet, the
summary sheet, you can use formulas like

=sum(Game1:Game7!B2) in this case in B2 of the summary sheet. You could
drag fill this down and across.

There are just a few functions that support this 3D notation. Sum and
Average are two.

Tom Ogilvy

"Coach Mike Wyatt" wrote in message

i am trying to go back and put stats from 7 previous teams on my
computer

what i am going to do is have a sheet that will have season totals and
then one sheet for each game

i will have a header season totals or carter vs farragut at the top

then i will have a column (going right to left that says players,
2pointers, 3 pointers, free throws attempted, free throws made, points
and averages.

then i will have under players a list of the players from my team.
at the bottom under the last player i will will have a column for team
total.

please email me at and carbon copy it to me at

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

that is what i mean by copying and pasting

how do i get the layout on the different sheets the same?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select the tab of the sheet with the data. Hold down the ctrl key and drag
to the right. Release. A copy of the sheet will be made.

If you already have the sheets but they are empty, then select all the cells
that you have your data in (this should form one big rectangle - assume the
upper left corner of the selection is cell A1 - if not, make it so.) This
region will then be highlighted. do edit=Copy (in the menus, select edit,
then copy) now click the sheet tab of the destination sheet. Select just
cell A1. Nowdo Edit=Paste

To select multiple cells Click in A1, then holding the left mouse button
down, drag the mouse down and to the right to encompass all your data.
Don't worry if you select to much. When you have covered all your cells and
they are highlighted, then release the left mouse button.

Tom Ogilvy