Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protect a column by disabling mouse pointer

Hello to all,

I am looking for a way to protect a column by not even allowing the
column to be selectedin VBA. By this I mean, I do not wish to see the
mouse pointer over the protected column.

I know this can be done, because I saw a demo once of this, but just
cant find it anymore.

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

Francis,

Set the scroll area not to allow that column to be selected.
application.scrollarea = ""
I have used many other solutions also such as naming that column then using
the selection change event to check if the selection and that column overlap
and moving the selection elsewhere.

"Francis de Brienne" wrote:

Hello to all,

I am looking for a way to protect a column by not even allowing the
column to be selectedin VBA. By this I mean, I do not wish to see the
mouse pointer over the protected column.

I know this can be done, because I saw a demo once of this, but just
cant find it anymore.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for answering my question.

I forgot to add a little bit of dificulty to my question.

I wish in excel vba, to be able to set scrollarea for certain columns
but I also wish to be able to see the othercolumns since they contain
information that is usefull to the user.

I know that I can do protection on my sheet for certain columns and I
can make it work, but I just liked the fact that they could not even
select the column.

Any ideas on how to enable this without doing protection?

"Francis de Brienne" wrote:

Hello to all,

I am looking for a way to protect a column by not even allowing the
column to be selectedin VBA. By this I mean, I do not wish to see the
mouse pointer over the protected column.

I know this can be done, because I saw a demo once of this, but just
cant find it anymore.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

sorry when i wrote that last reply the
application.scrollarea = "" ' the "" means fill in your scroll aread do not
use the double quotes as this will open the entire sheet up