Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I open an application and run a file using visual basic

Thanks Tom for the reply,

I have tried the SHELL command but the command only loads the first part of
the command, the application. I want to run the file on the aplication as
well. I havent been able to put the file and the application in the same
comand string and have it work or not to throw up an error

An example of aplication I want to run:

RetVal = Shell("F:\SolidWorks2004run\eDrawings\EModelViewer .exe", 1)

An example of File I want to run on abve application:

("F:\Handle assy.EASM")

How do I join them together?

Regards,
Cozy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Look at the SHELL command in VBA

Tom Ogilvy

"Cozy" wrote in message
I am a relative beginer with Visual basic, I am trying to load a text file

in
a text editor aplication from visual basic within an xl spreadsheet. ie. I
have a list of files in a ListBox I want to click on one and run it in its
compatible software.