Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ranges and Arrays

I have two questions, and before I ask them there is one thing you
should know: I'm a newbie.

Question 1: I am making an encryption program for an IT project. I need
to have the user type in (via a userform) a string, have the program
take a character from the string and then put that into a sheet, first
char in A1, second in A2, etc., which does calculations on the character
to encrypt it. I can figure out how to code all of it besides the put
the characters into a sheet part. I thought the easiest way would be to
do this:

Dim char As String
Dim text As String
Dim i As Integer

While i < len(text)
char = Mid(text, i, 1)
(range code here).Value = char
Wend

but I have no idea how to make it put it in the right range! Is there a
way to make it so that the program puts the value of char into a range
based on i, like Sheet1.Range("A" + i) (that doesn't work, I already
tried)??

Question 2: Is there any way to create an array (like a matrix) in excel
without writing to a sheet?

Thank you very much for your time, and your help is very much
appreciated!!!!

Will Brown