Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range object global failure

Excel 2002, WinXP
I have a "With/End With" statement such as:
With Sheets("One")
Range(Range("CellName"), Range("CellName").Offset(65)).Copy_
..Range(DateCell.Address).Offset(8)
End With
The underline character is just for this message.

I was getting the following error on the above statement until I put the
entire statement on one line. I had been putting "Copy _" and continuing on
the next line.
get Run-time error '1004'
Method 'Range' of object '_Global' failed

Now my user is getting this error with my code.

"CellName" is the range name of a cell in another sheet.
DateCell is a single-cell range variable. The parent sheet is yet another
sheet. I'm using just the cell address of this cell and pasting the data to
this address in the "One" sheet.

What is wrong with the above Copy/Destination statement? Thanks for your
help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume you copying to Datacell so you need to add " destination:=" as below

Range(Range("CellName"), Range("CellName").Offset(65)).Copy_
destination:=Range(DateCell.Address).Offset(8)

HTH