Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with a formula

HI

I have codes in one section of my worksheet (like 56743) in cells A10:A30
with totals (numbers) in cells B10:B30
Then, I have another section of the worksheet that might have the same codes
and might not in cells A40:A60 with totals in cells B40:B60. The totals are
calculated different between the two sets ...thus they are separated.

My Question is:
Is there a formula I can enter, for example in cell C40, that will only
enter the total from cell B40 if the code (or number entered) in cell A40 is
NOT listed in cells A10:A30?

Any help is greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance,
Kimberly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kimberly,

Try: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A40,A10:A29,FALSE)),0,B40)

Regards,
Nate Oliver

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome.

Hope you caught that 29 was a typo, it should have been 30.

Regards,
Nate Oliver