Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to update cells with Data validation in them?

All,

I have the following problem: I want to I change the data from the Data
cells. How can I do this? I understand some macro programming but not much...

Example:
My source are C2:F2 containing 50, 90, 110 and 150. My target cells are
G6:G8 containing 50, 50, 110, 150 (entered from a dropdown data validation
list). If I change C2 to be 30, I want G6 and G7 to become 30 also. I hope I
am being clear :)

Thanks in advance,

Bojana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there a reason you just don't use a formula in those other cells (G6:G8).

=c2
=d2
=f2

(I'm not sure how 4 cells correspond to 3 cells, though.)

If you really were asking about how to change the validation list based on the
value in another cell, you may want to look at how Debra Dalgleish did it:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I cannot use them directly because I am calculating with their
time-discounted values and teh cells in G column are my "user interface".
Debra's article does not solve my problem. I was asking how to update the
values put in cells via Data validation mechanisme if the source for data
validation has been changed.