Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formating

Hi
I must be doing something wrong.

I have a large spreadsheet which I have use a conditional format...some line
work ok but other do NOT

For example

In Col B I have 58.05
In Col C I have 8
In col D I divide Col B by Col c and get 7.26

The same occurs in Col F I have 9 and in Col G I have 1:Then I divide Col F
by Col G and get 9 in col H
I have formatted COL H as follows:
Cell value greater than or equal to col D...........make it GREEN
Cell value less than COL D.............make it RED
In this case the color is GREEN and It should be red, Most other lines are
OK but not all
I need help...please
and Thanks
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With COL H selected: cell value greater than ="d4" and the format
color selcted is green
cell value less or equal then
="d4"

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

"PCOR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks...it worked great
Now If I can impose one more time...
How do I write a formula in the Conditial formatting to obtain this
if B4=1 and d4h4.......color green
thanks in advance

"PCOR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have to change the Condition 1 value from Cell Value Is to Formula Is.
Then insert the formula

=AND(B4=1,D4H4)

click Format, select Pattern tab, and then Green

--

HTH

RP