Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel to Word

I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it
places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of
different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a
command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form
each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own
paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout:

Column Headers:
ID Description Total Location Date Coats
Labor (hrs)
20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Room 9/17/05 3 5
30 Room 2 Paint $600.00 Bath 9/20/05 2 2

I would love it to be in word in the following format:

ID: 20, Description: Room Painted, Total: $500.00, Location: Living Room,
Date: 9/17/05, Coats: 3, Labor (hrs): 5

ID: 30, Description: Room 2 Paint, Total: $600.00, Location: Bath, Date:
9/20/05, Coats: 2, Labor (hrs): 2

Basically it would continue until it reached a row with no data. Can this be
done? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is more of a Word thing. Create a document and use the Mail Merger
option to get the data. Using the Next Record function you can get multiple
records on the same page. I can't remember but you may have to use the
Catelogue method of merging...

HTH

"Adam" wrote:

I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it
places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of
different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a
command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form
each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own
paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout:

Column Headers:
ID Description Total Location Date Coats
Labor (hrs)
20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Room 9/17/05 3 5
30 Room 2 Paint $600.00 Bath 9/20/05 2 2

I would love it to be in word in the following format:

ID: 20, Description: Room Painted, Total: $500.00, Location: Living Room,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

It could go either way; I've done both. Here's how I would try it.
(Warning: it may not be pretty and it probably isn't the easiest and best,
but it's how I would approach it.)
Set a range to encompass all the rows with data
Set objects to Word and a new document
With DataRange
For i = 1 to DataRange.Rows.Count
String1 = "ID: " & .Cells(i,1).Value & ", "
WordDoc.Selection.TypeText String1 & vbCr
String2 = "Description: " & .Cells(i, 2).Value & ", "
WordDoc.Selection.TypeText String2 & vbCr
etc. to last cell
Next i
Save and close Word doc; quit Word, release objects
Save and close Excel file

HTH
Ed

"Adam" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Sure. Set your Word document object to the specific document name of your
template.

Dim Wd As Object
Dim WordDoc As Object
Set Wd = CreateObject("word.application")
Wd.Visible = True
Set WordDoc = Wd.Documents.Add ("MyDocName")

Then look into bookmarks in Word. You can then use
WordDoc.Bookmarks("mark1").Text = String1
etc.

Ed