Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I want to maintain a master listing and accept input and output?

Hi

Im after some help with a macro as im not the best when it comes to VBA. i
also get the reply from Tom Ogilvy he said it may be possilbe with macro.

I want to maintain a master listing and accept input and provide output in
4 separate workbooks.

I am creating a Job Card file for my co., where I have 35 fields. Where as
field no. 1 & 2 are very important and other field are to fill base on that
field. This 33 fields are distributed between 4 department.
1. Marking 2.Production 3. Q.A. Dept.& 4 Store dept.

What I want is there is any way that all 4 department will entry the data
from deferent file and it store into one file in there respective field and
no one can see any dept. data. All can see only "first 2 filed" and fill
their information.(there may be more data on same job card no. and jobcardno
are uniqe)

i have filed like...

a1=JobCardNo.
b1=Party Name,

From c1 to q1 for Marking dept. fields
From r1 to ad1 for Production dept. fields
from ae1 to ag1 for q.a. dept.
and
from ai1 to aj1 for store dept.

Is there any helping? Thanks in advance.

Shah ****al
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is just to clarify what the "MasterJobCardFile" might look like. I have
copied out the fields, which are 35 columns starting in Column 1, Row1.
Because of space problems, I have copied them in "related" groups:

JobCardNo PartyName (A & B)

Mkt1 Mkt2 Mkt3 Mkt4 Mkt5 Mkt6 Mkt7 Mkt8 Mkt9 Mkt10 Mkt11 Mkt12 Mkt13 Mkt14 Mkt15
(C through Q)

Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 Prod4 Prod5 Prod6 Prod7 Prod8 Prod9 Prod10 Prod11 Prod12 Prod13
(R through AD)

QA1 QA2 QA3
(AE through AG)

Store1 Store2
(AH through AI)

Questions:
The above represents the "destination" file coming from the 4 respective
departments "Source" files?

Since this is a job file is it fair to assume this is for accounting
purposes and the columns represent departmental expenses? Since you have up
to 15 columns devoted to a single department, what does each column
represent? Are there account numbers for each of the columns? Is there an
underlying Chart of Accounts?

If this is so, then it appears that the Departmental files would have
limited access by only its respective department ie only Production would
have access to Production, but not QA and Store could see Store, but not Mkt,
etc.

What output are you trying to achieve from all of this? Summaries can
created from either the "Source" or the "Destination" files.

Thanks,

"****al shah" wrote:

[...]

From c1 to q1 for Marking dept. fields
From r1 to ad1 for Production dept. fields
from ae1 to ag1 for q.a. dept.
and
from ai1 to aj1 for store dept.

Is there any helping? Thanks in advance.

Shah ****al

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I want to maintain a master listing and accept input and outpu

Thanks David for reply.

What i want is all dept. will fill data from deferent file and it will
store into one master file.
and Summaries can created from "Destination" files.

Here i am giving you fields of all dept.

JobCardNo PartyName

Marketing Deptment Fields

Date, P.O. No. & Date, Material, Planned Date - Bending, Planned Despatch
Date
,Sr. no., Part Name, Part No., Rev., Process, Mat. Grade, Thk., Reqd. qty.,
Note - Mktg., Prepared by

Production Deptment

File Name, Nesting Name , Program No., thk. (mm), Sheet X (mm), Sheet Y
(mm), No. of sheet Reqd. Wt. (kgs.), Qty. Nested, Nested By, Qty Produced,
Actual Comp. Date - Bending, Prod. Remark

QA Deprt.
Qty. Accepted, Q. A. Remark, Quality by

store deprt.
Qty. Despatch, Despatch Date

[...]