Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TAM TAM is offline

Default Open Word Template

Within Excel I am trying to open a new document from a Word template file
but the template file itself keeps opening. Can you please advise how to
open a document from the template - my code is as follows...

Dim wdApp As Word.Application
Set wdApp = New Word.Application
With wdApp
.Documents.Open Filename:="C:\My Documents\Work\Manual Project\Templates\01
Front Cover.dot"

I have tried this code with the .doc extension but that only results in an
error

Thanks

TAM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not go to word and turn on the macro recorder, then execute the action
you want and turn it off. Look at the recorded code to see how Word sets up
the command.

Tom Ogilvy

.uk...