Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto run macro on *.csv file open

I have a *.CSV file that opens/updates information for part measurements.
Current macros have previously closed all but the Personal macro workbook.
When a new part is measured, and it's data sent to the CSV file, I need a
method of automatically running macros when this CSV file opens. The CSV
itself will not store a self-start macro, either due to Excel constraints, or
due to the setup of the sendig program. Can someone help me set up a macro
in the Personal workbook that will begin after this specific CSV opens? I am
using Excel 97.

Thank!
--
CPPoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What process is opening the csv file? Where does it open - in Excel ?

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"CP Poe" wrote in message
I have a *.CSV file that opens/updates information for part measurements.
Current macros have previously closed all but the Personal macro workbook.
When a new part is measured, and it's data sent to the CSV file, I need a
method of automatically running macros when this CSV file opens. The CSV
itself will not store a self-start macro, either due to Excel constraints,

or
due to the setup of the sendig program. Can someone help me set up a

macro
in the Personal workbook that will begin after this specific CSV opens? I

am
using Excel 97.

Thank!
--
CPPoe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nikon E-max software sends the CSV to Exce. If Excel is not previously
opened, my macros will not run at all. I have Excel open in the background
with no files except the hidden Personal macro file open. E-max sends the
information to Excel in a CSV.

"CP Poe" wrote in message
I have a *.CSV file that opens/updates information for part measurements.
Current macros have previously closed all but the Personal macro workbook.
When a new part is measured, and it's data sent to the CSV file, I need a
method of automatically running macros when this CSV file opens. The CSV
itself will not store a self-start macro, either due to Excel constraints,

or
due to the setup of the sendig program. Can someone help me set up a

macro
in the Personal workbook that will begin after this specific CSV opens? I

am
using Excel 97.

Thank!
--
CPPoe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'll need to set up an event handler to catch the workbook_open event of
the Excel application object.

Chip Pearson has an excellent introduction to this:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA