Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command for posting entry to the next empty cell

Hello, Sorry I do not use Excel on a day to day basis but in the past
have got away with using the macro recorder feature as a way to
automate some tasks and frig it to work by editing it somewhat in the
VB editor. In this case however I am uncessful

This Is what I want to have a macro for

Select a range of cells
Copy them
Do a special paste into the currently selected space

What I want to do is paste them into the next BLANK Space below the
list of entries so its like a running log so I can play the macro once
a day to have a running history of values and plot them on a chart.

Anybody who can help me with this will be a life saver.

If you need more info let me know

(Picture representation below
___________________________________
|__A___|___B___|____C___|_____D____|
|dddddd|ddddddd|dddddddd|dddddddddd|
|dddddd|ddddddd|dddddddd|dddddddddd|
|dddddd|ddddddd|dddddddd|dddddddddd|
|dddddd|ddddddd|dddddddd|dddddddddd|
here
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get the next free row with

iNextFree = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row + 1

and copy into there with

rng.Copy
Cells(iNextFree,"A").Paste PasteSpecial:=....

--

HTH

RP

om...