Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mz mz is offline

Default error excel if embedded in word documents

I have a file excel with some code VBA to manage some population. It works
right stand-alone, but if I embed the excel file in a word documents it goes
in error (error that stop excel itself). Because the code is fired by a
combobox change, if I write a random cell for example before fire the code
the error doesn't appear, but if the first action on the file is changing the
combobox I get the error (seems that need somthing like a "set context").
I use office 2000 pro. Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mz mz is offline

The workaround used for the moment is to valorize the "linkedCell" attribute
of the combobox choosing a cell behind the combo itself and reference this
cell in the code when i need the combobox value ... I don't know why but in
this seems all ok.
Bye.

"MZ" wrote:

I have a file excel with some code VBA to manage some population. It works
right stand-alone, but if I embed the excel file in a word documents it goes
in error (error that stop excel itself). Because the code is fired by a
combobox change, if I write a random cell for example before fire the code
the error doesn't appear, but if the first action on the file is changing the
combobox I get the error (seems that need somthing like a "set context").
I use office 2000 pro. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the click event you also might try

application.Activecell.Activate
as the first line.