Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to insert a breakpoint and run the Workbook_Open event ??

Rather an elementary question, but I am trying to step through my
Workbook_Open event and would like to insert a breakpoint in the code
and then step through it. But how can I do that when the breakpoint
vanishes when I first close the workbook ?

........ Anno domini again...

Charles
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put a Stop in the code

statement 1
Stop
statement 2

--

HTH

RP

"Charles Jordan" wrote in message
om...
Rather an elementary question, but I am trying to step through my
Workbook_Open event and would like to insert a breakpoint in the code
and then step through it. But how can I do that when the breakpoint
vanishes when I first close the workbook ?

....... Anno domini again...

Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can put your cursor in the Workbook_Open procedure, and start it executing by
pressing F8 to step through or F5 to run through.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Charles Jordan wrote:

Rather an elementary question, but I am trying to step through my
Workbook_Open event and would like to insert a breakpoint in the code
and then step through it. But how can I do that when the breakpoint
vanishes when I first close the workbook ?

........ Anno domini again...

Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charles Jordan wrote:

Rather an elementary question, but I am trying to step through my
Workbook_Open event and would like to insert a breakpoint in the code
and then step through it. But how can I do that when the breakpoint
vanishes when I first close the workbook ?

........ Anno domini again...

Charles

Bob - thank you so much. I wasn't aware of the word "Stop" being
available in VBA - must have arrived since XL 95 where I was born. Not
often highlighted either in the books - try looking at (John
Walkenbach's "Power Programming in VBA" - my bible )where it seems not
to appear, in the index anyway...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charles Jordan wrote:

Rather an elementary question, but I am trying to step through my
Workbook_Open event and would like to insert a breakpoint in the code
and then step through it. But how can I do that when the breakpoint
vanishes when I first close the workbook ?

........ Anno domini again...

Charles

Jon - thank you - I knew about F8 and F5 but stupidly didn't try
stepping thru WorkBook_open . Discovered it for myself just after
posting to the NG, so much embarrassment. Bob's contribution is most
valuable actually too. Tks Charles