Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default circularity

I've inherited a workbook that has a circular argument and am trying to
trace it.

First of all, I read that, if you get the circularity toolbox, you should
also see tracer arrows that show you the circularity, but I do not see them.
Does this only work if everything circular is on a single sheet?

Also, though I think there are many circularities within the file, when it
tells me one circular reference at the bottom left, e.g., "Circular: K33",
when I click trace dependents while on K33, it tells me it has no
dependents. Isn't that impossible if it is circular?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I also have another question about circularity. I eliminated two obvious
spots of circularity. Now, every tab (and none seem to be hidden) only says
"circular" at the bottom without any cell referecnes. And no other excel
files are open. If there is circularity still, shouldn't there be a
reference to some cell on some worksheet.

I tried closing out the file and EXCEL and re-opening but it still insists
there's circularity.

Thanks for any help
Dean

"Dean" wrote in message
I've inherited a workbook that has a circular argument and am trying to
trace it.

First of all, I read that, if you get the circularity toolbox, you should
also see tracer arrows that show you the circularity, but I do not see
them. Does this only work if everything circular is on a single sheet?

Also, though I think there are many circularities within the file, when it
tells me one circular reference at the bottom left, e.g., "Circular: K33",
when I click trace dependents while on K33, it tells me it has no
dependents. Isn't that impossible if it is circular?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe Stephen Bullen's utility will help.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
Look for FindCirc.zip

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can download my XspandXL demo to sort this. IMHO, the circularity
testing is far better than the built in tools.

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...pandXLHome.htm

Robin Hammond