Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default to DAO, or not to DAO

should I use DAO, or ADO? I am accessing SQL/Access from Excel. I am not
doing anything web related. I am under the impression the ADO is the
new/improved way to go, but when I look at things, it looks like DAO has more
"stuff." For the most part, I want to run queries/parameter queries. Either
pre-exisitng in SQL/Access, or from scratch in VBA. Thanks for any opinions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Hi Dion

ADO is the newest (not that new) and recommended
by people that recommended those kind of things.
It is developed using a much flatter structure and capably
of accessing different databases.
If you would like a sample to connect to Access search
€śbest way to get data from Access€ť 2/26/05 this newsgroup

Good Luck
TK