Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Access Database through Excel

I'm new to VB programming in Excel. I've coded VB in Access before but never
in Excel. I don't even know where this would be coded in Excel. I would
like to open an Access Database from Excel but don't where to even begin to
start! Can someone give me some pointers (in simple terms, as I am not
familiar with the excel programming lingo yet). Or even suggest a website
where I can find step by step instructions? I appreciate any assistance that
can be provided!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi,
getting started with excel VBA
http://class.et.byu.edu/ce270/vbaexcel_primer/intro.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und...g/excel/gettin
gstarted/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-
us/odc_xl2003_ta/html/odc_super.asp
Note: this one wrapped big time

http://www.exceltip.com/excel_links.html
http://www.the-excel-advisor.com/excel-macros-vba-
tutorial.html

I'm new to VB programming in Excel. I've coded VB in

Access before but never
in Excel. I don't even know where this would be coded in

Excel. I would
like to open an Access Database from Excel but don't

where to even begin to
start! Can someone give me some pointers (in simple

terms, as I am not
familiar with the excel programming lingo yet). Or even

suggest a website
where I can find step by step instructions? I appreciate

any assistance that
can be provided!!
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can call it a couple of ways...See below.
I prefer using the 'Shell' option. A LOT less messy.
HTH,
Gary Brown

'/===================================/
Sub test_Shell()
Dim strAccessProgramLocation As String
Dim retVal As Variant

'put location of MS Access program in string
strAccessProgramLocation = _
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\msaccess.exe"

'call MS Access from Excel
retVal = Shell(strAccessProgramLocation, vbNormalFocus)

End Sub
'/===================================/
Sub test_App()
'create a reference to...
'Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
' Probably located at...
' C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACC9.OLB
Dim objAccess As Access.Application

Set objAccess = New Access.Application

objAccess.Visible = True

MsgBox "Access Closed"