Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ann Ann is offline

Default If Statement Problem Part 2!

Really sorry..

My daughter just pressed the enter key!!

.... what I was saying is that the three letter sequence
may be anywhere in the cell.

Thanks again,

Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ann" wrote in message
Really sorry..

My daughter just pressed the enter key!!

A likely story :-)

... what I was saying is that the three letter sequence
may be anywhere in the cell.

=IF(AND(ISNA(B1),OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("stw",D2)),ISNUM BER(FIND("iwo",D2)))),"1",
"0")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then

=ISNA(B1)*(SUM(COUNTIF(D2,"*"&{"stw","iwo"}&"*")) 0)

or

=ISNA(B1)*((ISERR(FIND("stw",D2))+(ISERR(FIND("iwo ",D2))))=1)

In article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Really sorry..

My daughter just pressed the enter key!!

... what I was saying is that the three letter sequence
may be anywhere in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Because the OP used text in her original mail (terrible reason I know, but I
wasn't up for questioning it :-)).

Mine girls are grown up Jim, so they blame me. Believe me, the fun is
gone:-)

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
Really sorry..

My daughter just pressed the enter key!!

A likely story :-)

... what I was saying is that the three letter sequence
may be anywhere in the cell.

=IF(AND(ISNA(B1),OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("stw",D2)),ISNUM BER(FIND("iwo",D2)))),"1",
"0")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well I'll be darned. You are right... Text... Shows how close I was watching.
In the future I'll not question your infintite wisdom. (I'll leave that to
your girls. They apparently have more practice anyway).