Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot send out Excel workbook through Outlook Express

Hi all,

I was trying to send out an excel workbook through Outlook Express.

I looked at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and have:
Workbooks.Application.ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is a test"
In my code but I got an error 1004 "Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook'
failed"

I checked my Internet Option | Program and it has Outlook Express as the
default Email.

Any idea why?

Thanks so much.

Abel Chan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Abel

Your code is not the same as the Example on my site

Sub Mail_workbook_1()
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is the Subject line"

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Abel Chan" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I was trying to send out an excel workbook through Outlook Express.

I looked at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and have:
Workbooks.Application.ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is a test"
In my code but I got an error 1004 "Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook'
failed"

I checked my Internet Option | Program and it has Outlook Express as the
default Email.

Any idea why?

Thanks so much.

Abel Chan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Thanks to your quick reply. I used your code and got error 1004
Application-defined or object-defined error. Somehow Excel was unable to
find Outlook Express.

On the other hand, I was able to use your code at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/oebody.htm to bring up a dialog box and send
out a test email.

I also tried the Outlook object code and got similar error:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show aryEmailAddress, strEmailSubject

Thanks so much Ron.

Abel

"Abel Chan" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I was trying to send out an excel workbook through Outlook Express.

I looked at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and have:
Workbooks.Application.ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is a test"
In my code but I got an error 1004 "Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook'
failed"

I checked my Internet Option | Program and it has Outlook Express as the
default Email.

Any idea why?

Thanks so much.

Abel Chan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Abel Chan" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I was trying to send out an excel workbook through Outlook Express.

I looked at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and have:
Workbooks.Application.ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is a test"
In my code but I got an error 1004 "Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook'
failed"

I checked my Internet Option | Program and it has Outlook Express as the
default Email.

Any idea why?

Thanks so much.

Abel Chan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Currently I am researching the issue and we will reply here with more
information as soon as possible.
If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Abel,

Have you tried Ron's suggestion?
If you still have any concern with this issue, please feel free to post
here.