Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Macro Security

Is there a way in which to modify the Macro security using VBA in order to
not get prompted with the Enable Macro prompt?

I am trying to automate a process that opens a Excel spreadsheet and runs a
macro. I want to be able to bypass the Enable Macro prompt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

I want to be able to bypass the Enable Macro prompt.

Trust me - no, you don't!! If there was a way to bypass security, you would
not be secure (think of the locks on your doors), and thus would be fresh
meat for any and all macro viruses! Think of a way to communicate with the
user ahead of time to ensure the security settings are where they need to
be.

Ed

"Kirk" wrote in message
Is there a way in which to modify the Macro security using VBA in order to
not get prompted with the Enable Macro prompt?

I am trying to automate a process that opens a Excel spreadsheet and runs

macro. I want to be able to bypass the Enable Macro prompt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes you can!

you have to set a certificate to your project. If the user accepts your
certificate, he will not be prompted again. I'm not sure if it works for XP
but for office 2000, I did it with success.

Jos Vens

"Kirk" schreef in bericht
Is there a way in which to modify the Macro security using VBA in order to
not get prompted with the Enable Macro prompt?

I am trying to automate a process that opens a Excel spreadsheet and runs
macro. I want to be able to bypass the Enable Macro prompt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, you can't do what he asked, which is to modify the security setting. You
can require that the user answer a prompt only once if you have a certificate.
But that isn't changing his security settings.

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 22:33:25 +0100, "Jos Vens" wrote:

Yes you can!

you have to set a certificate to your project. If the user accepts your
certificate, he will not be prompted again. I'm not sure if it works for XP
but for office 2000, I did it with success.

Jos Vens

"Kirk" schreef in bericht
Is there a way in which to modify the Macro security using VBA in order to
not get prompted with the Enable Macro prompt?

I am trying to automate a process that opens a Excel spreadsheet and runs
macro. I want to be able to bypass the Enable Macro prompt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, of course,

but I think that Kirk is not interested in changing the security level but
in avoiding the userprompt.

Jos

"Myrna Larson" schreef in bericht

wrote:

Yes you can!

you have to set a certificate to your project. If the user accepts your
certificate, he will not be prompted again. I'm not sure if it works for
XP
but for office 2000, I did it with success.

Jos Vens

"Kirk" schreef in bericht
Is there a way in which to modify the Macro security using VBA in order
not get prompted with the Enable Macro prompt?

I am trying to automate a process that opens a Excel spreadsheet and
runs
macro. I want to be able to bypass the Enable Macro prompt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, if you open a workbook via code it won't prompt you, but if you are
running code already then I guess you've already clicked Enable Macros....