Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default increment dates in alternate cells automatically

I have date placed in alternate cells for example A1-01/03/05
C1-02/03/05 D1-03/03/05 F1-04/03/05 till ....30/03/05

What I do is fill up these cells manually for every month, basically by
copying
the last months dates into a new worksheet and changing it for the new
month.

Is there a way where i could input a start date and end date on a
particular cell or in dialog box and then execute a macro to fill up
alternate cells for the given range...

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Praz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just put the start date in A1, then in C1 add

=IF(MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0,"",IF(MONTH($A1+INT(COLUMN()/2))=MONTH($A1),A1+1,""))

and copy across to B1

--

HTH

RP

"praz" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have date placed in alternate cells for example A1-01/03/05
C1-02/03/05 D1-03/03/05 F1-04/03/05 till ....30/03/05

What I do is fill up these cells manually for every month, basically by
copying
the last months dates into a new worksheet and changing it for the new
month.

Is there a way where i could input a start date and end date on a
particular cell or in dialog box and then execute a macro to fill up
alternate cells for the given range...

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Praz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This does not work.....it gives an error stating "Formula you typed
contains errors.... "

Praz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works fine for me, try it again.