Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 does not recognize the timestamp

Hi,

Using a digitally signed (Thawte) and timestamped
(Verisign) test.xls VBA project, I can set my system date
ahead 2 years and Excel 2002 and 2003 recognize the
timestamp as expected. Excel 2000 does not recognize the
timestamp and identifies the digital certificate as
expired.

Does Excel 2000 signature verification of a signed package
occur in the certificate store on the client machine or
the certificate chain that is embedded in the digital
signature? If it's the certificate store, as I currently
understand, could timestamp checking be failing because
it's not checking the timestamp on the signature just like
it's not checking the certificate chain?

Best Regards,
Walt