Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using For/Next Loop To Generate 4 CommandButtons On A UserForm Results In A Runtime Error 91

Folkes,
My loop generates the buttons Ok but when I try and debug.print a
position property of the button I get :-
'Run-time error 91
Object Variable or with block variable not set'

I cannot see what is wrong but it must be something to do with the way
I am using Set and With within the loops. Can anybody point me in the
right direction.

Thanks for your help...again!

Here's my code:-

Option Explicit
Option Base 1
Sub delete()

Dim TempForm, Capn(), NewCommandButton() As Variant ' UserForm
Dim NewCommandButton1 As MSForms.CommandButton ' RC Variant
Dim NewCommandButton2 As MSForms.CommandButton ' RV Variant
Dim NewCommandButton3 As MSForms.CommandButton ' LC Variant
Dim NewCommandButton4 As MSForms.CommandButton ' LV Variant
Dim i As Integer, LeftPos As Integer

Set TempForm = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Add(3)

'Create and Postion the Variant Buttons
i = 1: Capn = Array("A", "B", "C", "D")
NewCommandButton = Array("NewCommandButton1", "NewCommandButton2",
"NewCommandButton3", "NewCommandButton4")
LeftPos = 15
For i = 1 To UBound(Capn)
Set NewCommandButton(i) =
TempForm.Designer.Controls.Add("forms.commandbutto n.1")
With NewCommandButton(i)
.Caption = Capn(i): .Top = 6: .Left = LeftPos: .Width = 25:
..Height = 17
End With
LeftPos = LeftPos + 30
Next i

Debug.Print NewCommandButton1.Left '********OK Until
Here**********
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Donna,

You haven't changed the names of the buttons, so they are still called
CommandButton1, etc.

--

HTH

RP

"Donna" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From what I can tell the NewCommandButton=Array() statement is
redundant since the Set NewCommandButton(i)=...replaces the previous
content.

That leaves one immediate operational problem. When you refer to
Debug.Print NewCommandButton1.Left
where exactly did you initialize the NewCommandButton1 variable?
Either do so, or use NewCommandButton(1)

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,
But should I have to rename them?
If I was just generating the one commandbutton without the loop I could
then use the debug.print without changing the name so why do I need to
now?
Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you....I have changed to NewCommandButton(1) and all is now
well.
donna