Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel formula conditional upon another cell value

What is Y? You can test for a value (1, "a", etc), a cell ref (Y10, AZ7,
etc.), or a named range (any name referring to a cell).

--

HTH

RP

"Harry" wrote in message
.. .
Hello

This should be easy. I want to set the value of a certain cell to the

value of another, if the value of a third cell =
Y. So, I went

=IF(K171=Y,K198)

It gives me an error, telling me to enter a valid number.

Anyone see the error.

Thank you

Harry