Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Not available

Hi Group,
I was following a thread and helping someone with a programming question,
but that thread is not available anymore. Why would this happen? I had put a
fair amout of work in the project, so I would like to post to that thread.
Nor could I access the profile of the person that originally left the
question. I had also left my e mail address for that person to send a file,
but have not received a file, so I can only assume that he can not get back
to the thread, also. It was a fairly complicated question, do the MVPs or
others remove access?
--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MVPs have no power to do so, and are simply part of the peer to peer groups
as volunteers, same as the others.

Was it this group?
Can you remember what the thread title was?
Can you remember anyone who was posting to it?
How did your name appear in the thread?
Can you remember what it was about, or have any copies of anything you
posted to it?

With the above I can try a search on Google for you, or by all means have a
go yourself:-

http://www.google.com/advanced_group...&num=100&hl=en

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"David" wrote in message
Hi Group,
I was following a thread and helping someone with a programming question,
but that thread is not available anymore. Why would this happen? I had put

fair amout of work in the project, so I would like to post to that thread.
Nor could I access the profile of the person that originally left the
question. I had also left my e mail address for that person to send a

file,
but have not received a file, so I can only assume that he can not get

back
to the thread, also. It was a fairly complicated question, do the MVPs or
others remove access?
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your response. I did eventually get through, so it must have been
a temporary situation. This information is picked up by Google pretty
quickly? If you don't mind sharing, what is the best way to search Google?
Subject, author, etc? If it is not available on this server, how would Google
redirect? Thanks for your help.

"David" wrote in message
Hi Group,
I was following a thread and helping someone with a programming question,
but that thread is not available anymore. Why would this happen? I had put

fair amout of work in the project, so I would like to post to that thread.
Nor could I access the profile of the person that originally left the
question. I had also left my e mail address for that person to send a

file,
but have not received a file, so I can only assume that he can not get

back
to the thread, also. It was a fairly complicated question, do the MVPs or
others remove access?
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no 'best' way to search. If you can specify parameters that
restrict the search, you will have fewer results to wade through.

Typically, I start with the most restrictive set of specifications I
can think of. Then, if no useful results are found, I slowly ease back
on the specifications and check the increaingly larger set of results
returned by Google.

Finally, Google doesn't redirect anywhere. It has its own archive of
newsgroup text messages.

What you are using, I suspect, is the MS web interface to the world of
newsgroups. If you want to learn more about them, search google or,
for a way to directly connect to them see
Outlook Express & Newsgroups
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut..._ng/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

"David" wrote in message
Hi Group,
I was following a thread and helping someone with a programming question,
but that thread is not available anymore. Why would this happen? I had put

fair amout of work in the project, so I would like to post to that thread.
Nor could I access the profile of the person that originally left the
question. I had also left my e mail address for that person to send a

file,
but have not received a file, so I can only assume that he can not get

back
to the thread, also. It was a fairly complicated question, do the MVPs or
others remove access?
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, to find this discussion you would visit Google and search for 'Not
available' as the subject. Do keep in mind Google has multple custom
search engines -- WWW pages, images, products, newsgroup posts, etc.
In addition, each of those engines has a 'simple' and an 'advanced'
version. The newsgroup advanced search start page is

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hi Tushar,
Thanks for your help. The implication is that entries made here are compiled
and maintained by Google also?
If I tried to search this entry for example, I might go to Google and put in
the search term "Not Available"?
Thanks,