Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Zoom value

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know if this helps but some of the apps I have built require, or at
least appear best with different zoom values for each sheet. During the
Wbk_Open event I set ScreenUpdating to False, activate each sheet and set its
zoom, then continue with other code. The zoom value of each sheet remains
until changed again.

"Glen Mettler" wrote:

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks gocush,
The reason for this set up is an intrinsic bug with Excel. I was having
problems with a user form that triggered an error message - "Not enough
systems resources to display completely." I discovered in the Knowledge
Base that this message can be triggered if the zoom value of the source-data
sheet was less than 100 and different from the active sheet. When I changed
the zoom of the source-data sheet to 100, the problem went away. ( Article
ID:183503 )

What is interesting/confusing is that the article is for Excel 97.
According to the article, the problem has been fixed in Excel 2000.

===========================
STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products
listed at the beginning of this article. This problem no longer occurs in
Microsoft Excel 2000.

=============================

I am using Excel 2002, so I am wondering what is going on here? Anyway,
seems that the problem is solved for me if I keep the source-data sheet at
100 which I will set during the Auto_Open event.

Thanks for the feedback.

Glen

"Glen Mettler" wrote:

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating
it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why did you have to set the zoom level on the workbook open event? I have
never seen the zoom level change spontaneously. Was this a problem (zoom
level changes of its own accord), ill behaved users or just overcautious? .

Tom Ogilvy

"Glen Mettler" wrote:

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating

it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is interesting/confusing is that the article is for Excel 97.
According to the article, the problem has been fixed in Excel 2000.

the cited article describes 4 requirements:
The Input range of the control is linked to a second worksheet.

-and-
.. You zoom both worksheets to percentages other than 100 percent.

-and-
.. The zoom percentage of the two sheets are not equal.

-and-
.. You move a toolbar over the control, click the control and choose values,
or you alternately select each of the two worksheets.

None of them mention a userform and you don't mention a toolbar. So, while
your problem may be related, it certainly isn't the one described as being
fixed in the article. (not to say it is fixed either - don't know; haven't
tested it).

Just for interest, there were several other articles on xl97 that were
related to the zoom percentage and out of memory errors.

"Glen Mettler" wrote:

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating
it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I often set the zoom level on the "Lists" sheet to 60 so I can see more data
during any coding / troubleshooting. So...when I start I want to make sure
it is set to 100.

Glen

.

"Glen Mettler" wrote:

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without activating

it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I wondered if there was a problem with the zoom setting

"Glen Mettler" wrote:

I can change the zoom value of a window with:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75

Is it possible to change the value of another sheet without

activating
it?
Sheets("MySheet").zoom = 75 does not work

Glen

Zoom Gary''s Student Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 14th 09 06:37 PM
Please help! Print Preview Zoom is Grayed Out...Doesn't zoom. PK Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 July 20th 09 03:33 PM
ZOOM alex Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 22nd 08 07:05 PM
Can't Zoom LOUR Charts and Charting in Excel 0 April 19th 07 09:00 PM
Zoom David Excel Programming 2 October 15th 03 12:53 PM