Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create Word Document from Excel

I've Invoice Data in Excel and I would like to create a word document when I
press Create Invoice button of shortcut key.

I'm able to create a word application and open a new document and start
filling in the data. However, I want to use a Word Template and fill in the
data at specific location. like Invoice No. in the Table Cell at Top Right
Corner and Invoice Date 1 Cell below, etc.

What is the best approach, I definitely do not want to use mail merge. I
currently use mail merge.

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Arun

This is the technique I use:

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...tomating-word/

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

Arun wrote:
I've Invoice Data in Excel and I would like to create a word document
when I press Create Invoice button of shortcut key.

I'm able to create a word application and open a new document and
start filling in the data. However, I want to use a Word Template and
fill in the data at specific location. like Invoice No. in the Table
Cell at Top Right Corner and Invoice Date 1 Cell below, etc.

What is the best approach, I definitely do not want to use mail
merge. I currently use mail merge.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don Guillett,

Thanks, but believe me, we have our excel invoice data with columns upto GW
25 line items, consignee & buyer details, tracking info, etc. on an average
we use 45 - 60 invoice per month. :)

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do it all in Excel. There are free invoice templates available for download
from the MS site or make up your own.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Arun" wrote in message
I've Invoice Data in Excel and I would like to create a word document when

press Create Invoice button of shortcut key.

I'm able to create a word application and open a new document and start
filling in the data. However, I want to use a Word Template and fill in

the
data at specific location. like Invoice No. in the Table Cell at Top Right
Corner and Invoice Date 1 Cell below, etc.

What is the best approach, I definitely do not want to use mail merge. I
currently use mail merge.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dick Kusleika,

Thanks Dick, I had earlier started with this Bookmark concept. But I was
creating bookmarks and was trying to insert text next to the bookmark than
replacing it. I did know what to do for empty fields.

All my invoice data is organized in one single row stretching upto Col GW.
I'll give your code a try and give a feedback.

Thanks :)

Arun wrote:
I've Invoice Data in Excel and I would like to create a word document
when I press Create Invoice button of shortcut key.

I'm able to create a word application and open a new document and
start filling in the data. However, I want to use a Word Template and
fill in the data at specific location. like Invoice No. in the Table
Cell at Top Right Corner and Invoice Date 1 Cell below, etc.

What is the best approach, I definitely do not want to use mail
merge. I currently use mail merge.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Dick.

I have a similar question.

I have a table too, but i dont want to write a paragraph in Word. I want
this in Excel sheets.

I have two columns (Customer name and Customer productivity) in my table.
And about 200 rows.

I have a text that will be sent to my customers every week, the text is same
for all customers but in it there is a place that differs;

Customer Name: (This will be taken from table)
Customer productivity: (This will be taken from table).

And for each customer, a new sheet will be created.

For ex;

Customer name Customer Productivity
John 75
Alla 55
Adam 90
Kate 50
.... ...........
......... ............

So goes on.

And my text will be like;

Hello, this is your performance.

Customer name: John
Customer productivity: 75

And the worksheet in excel workbook must be named as John. And this must be
done till the last customer.

If it is not possible, or not easy, this can be sent to a Word Document and
each document again must have the name of the customer.

Thanx...