Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Access macros in add-ins

I have an add-in called BkColl.xla. It has three macros in a module. It also
has a custom toolbar called tbarBk. It has three buttons -- and the macros
attached to them are called mcrSpecSum, mcrSpecAvg and mcrClrGridLine.

In Excel, I have gone to TOOLS | Add-ins and added the tbarBk add-in there.

How will I be able to see the custom toolbar and macrobuttons in any
worksheet that I open?

Also six people have to share this add-in. Can all of them access the same
file if they turn on this particular add-in from a shared folder?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With no code posted I can not give you specifics but... Here goes...

In the addin there must be some code to create the toolbar. In the
ThisWorkbook object add in something like this..

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()

Call CreateToolBar

End Sub

When the addin is installed the toolbar will then be created on the users
machine. As to the second question, just save a copy of the .xla file on a
network drive somewhere that everyone can access. Have them try to install an
addin and select browse to find the xla file. They will be prompted to save a
local copy of the xla that they will have to do. If they don't you will get
shaing violations. To find the xla on your system, look in

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\application data\microsoft\addins

HTH

"Elaine" wrote:

I have an add-in called BkColl.xla. It has three macros in a module. It also
has a custom toolbar called tbarBk. It has three buttons -- and the macros
attached to them are called mcrSpecSum, mcrSpecAvg and mcrClrGridLine.

In Excel, I have gone to TOOLS | Add-ins and added the tbarBk add-in there.

How will I be able to see the custom toolbar and macrobuttons in any
worksheet that I open?

Also six people have to share this add-in. Can all of them access the same
file if they turn on this particular add-in from a shared folder?

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I forgot to mention that you should also delete the toolbar in a
procedure similar to

Private Sub Workbook_AddinUnInstall()

Call DeleteToolBar

End Sub

This will remove the toolbar when the addin is uninstalled...

HTH