Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Versioning Management

Hello €“
I have suddenly been put in charge of a roster of code driven models used
where I work. Can anyone recommend some URLs concerning version management?
I need to be developing some best practice protocols. Ill be starting at
Microsofts site€¦

Appreciatively,
Arturo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Microsoft used to make a product called Visual Source Safe. I know it was
distributed with at least one version of the Officer Developer editon, so
assume it is compatible with VBA. You might look in that area.

Tom Ogilvy

"Arturo" wrote in message
Hello -
I have suddenly been put in charge of a roster of code driven models used
where I work. Can anyone recommend some URLs concerning version

management?
I need to be developing some best practice protocols. I'll be starting at
Microsoft's site.

Appreciatively,
Arturo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom €“
I did not depict the situation correctly.
A bunch of models are in use currently, built by a number of people not
necessarily still here. When a new release of Excel comes out, does
Microsoft disclose prior methods or procedures that function differently in
the new version? Shy of testing every code driven model on a new version of
Excel and searching for compatibility issues, is there anything Microsoft
discloses proactively? A naive question but I need to ask.

Thanks,
Arturo

"Arturo" wrote in message
Hello -
I have suddenly been put in charge of a roster of code driven models used
where I work. Can anyone recommend some URLs concerning version

management?
I need to be developing some best practice protocols. I'll be starting at
Microsoft's site.

Appreciatively,
Arturo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, they don't do any compability testing on every function and argument and
print a list that itemizes all incompatilities. In each version they have a
whats new section, and that details addtions ( and deletions).
Supplemental information is also in the Knowledge base:
http://support.microsoft.com

Generally, they achieve pretty good compatability going forward.

Tom Ogilvy