Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove/restore cell shading (colorizing)

I'd like to be able to remove the colorizing of all cells, print the
worksheet, and then restore the colorizing. It's easy to cycle among
the cells, setting the cell shading to "none," but how would one go
about saving / restoring the shading/colorizing.

Shading/colorizing doesn't print well on a B/W printer. The cell text
is often unreadable.

Thanks for any help.

Fred Holmes

Of course I could remove the shading/colorizing, print, close without
saving, and re-open the workbook, but that entails certain "hazards"
of lost data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi there,

Some variation on your last:

1. Copy the sheet to a location inside the workbook
2. Get rid of the colors of the copied sheet
3. Print the copied sheet
4. Delete the copied sheet.
5. Close with or without saving.

Done.No lost data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fred,

In File | PageSetUp | Sheet (tab) there is a "Black and White" print option.
Have you tried that?

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Fred Holmes" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to remove the colorizing of all cells, print the
worksheet, and then restore the colorizing. It's easy to cycle among
the cells, setting the cell shading to "none," but how would one go
about saving / restoring the shading/colorizing.
Shading/colorizing doesn't print well on a B/W printer. The cell text
is often unreadable.
Thanks for any help.
Fred Holmes
Of course I could remove the shading/colorizing, print, close without
saving, and re-open the workbook, but that entails certain "hazards"
of lost data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yep, does exactly what I want. Many, many thanks!

Fred Holmes

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:28:13 -0800, "Jim Cone"
wrote:

Fred,

In File | PageSetUp | Sheet (tab) there is a "Black and White" print option.
Have you tried that?

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA